Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 8 of 31

Today in my biology class, we got assigned a new project. The project is about different disorders and the topic the teacher chose to give an example on was Down Syndrome! (Which I later found out meant I also couldn't pick that to do my project on... so I got a little bummed!) But the things that I found amazing from this class was how accepting everyone in my class was about people with Down Syndrome. Here are some things that I was thrilled to overhear:

"People with Down Syndrome always are happy, don't you think?" (Followed by almost the entire class agreeing).

"There is a little girl at my church who has Down Syndrome... she is too sweet!"

"My cousin has Downs... and she is the cutest thing ever!"


One of the main reasons I am bummed about not being able to do Down Syndrome is because we are supposed to include organizations that support our disorders. Reece's Rainbow would be the first one I'd put! Instead I have to do it on a random disorder that I do not know much about... boo!

So I just thought I would share this little bit on info with you guys today for day 8 out of 31!

Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment