Sunday, March 11, 2012

Are we glorifying HIM?

Yesterday I was with my mom and I overheard part of the song she was listening to. It was Do Everything by Steven Curtis Chapman . Here are the lyrics that really made me think:
                 "As you do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
                 Cause he made you to do. Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face.
                 And tell the story of grace with every move that you make."
It really got me thinking and I encourage you to click the link above to listen to the song. I think about what I do with my time. Does sitting on my couch in my sweats watching The Office glorify him? Ummm.... NO! Does keeping up with my schoolwork and getting good grades glorify Him? YES! Does advocating for these orphans and donating money to their causes and praying all the time for them glorify him? YES! So I have decided I really need to try and change my priorities. It is going to take time. It is going to be kind of difficult. But I know with His help I can do it and I will be better off if I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment